Courtney Lalonde, running for Virginia Beach City Council At Large
1. Why are you running for office?
I am an active citizen the city of Virginia Beach. I am on the board of the Leaders Circle of the Chamber of Commerce, a Virginia Beach Jaycee, Board member of the Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation and the Old Dominion Athletic Foundation. I am grateful for the opportunity and the support of the community and want to ensure these opportunities are available for the future generations to come.
2. Why should people vote for you?
The ideas that are on the table today is how we will do business tomorrow and I am the fresh face and fresh view to ignite this on city council. I have skill sets in data, social media, marketing technology and business development, skill sets my opponents do not. I have the endorsement of the Hampton Roads Realtors Association not only because they believe my vision parallels the course they would like the city to pursue, but also my passion for flood mitigation and the protection of our homes and neighborhoods.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
Virginia Beach has offered me an amazing quality of life, support and opportunities and I want to be sure that these values are available for the future generations to come.
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
Storm water runoff, flood mitigation and sea level rise. The city of Virginia Beach needs to be proactive in what our future holds and have an honest conversation with our taxpayers about what it will take to protect our community. We need to be studying the latest technology on future flood trends, aligning ourselves regionally for federal funding to flood mitigate our community as well as recruit leaders and companies in Flood mitigation and Sea Level rise technology to our city.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
Determined, Pro-Business, Aggressive
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
Experienced, Strong, Politician
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
Eastern Region Business Development Manager Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group. I love what I do and the company I work for. First is the people, a hard working group that helps establish the American dream of home ownership! Second is the creativity of the work in Business Development, from consulting Mortgage Bankers on how to grow business and find their personal brand to creating marketing campaigns and developing a new way of doing business in the mortgage industry.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
A beach towel!
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
I think in any case we should respect the flag and all those that fought for it.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
12. Favorite TV Show?