Ernest T. Reeves (D), running for U.S. House of Representatives in North Carolina’s 3rd District
1. Why are you running for office?
I am running for the United States Congress to affect “real change,” to make a “real difference, “across every city, every county, and every municipality here in the North Carolina 3rd Congressional District.
2. Why should people vote for you?
Because I will fight for them tooth and nail. Moreover, I have a love for people and family, a willingness to work across the aisle, a never quit attitude, and a diverse background (my experience as a enlisted soldier, noncommissioned officer, U.S. Army Scholarship Cadet, military officer, and as a supervisor in management in corporate America) that will serve me well in the U.S. Congress as well as my experience growing up in a very large family. My parents had nine girls and three boys. I am number twelve of twelve children by my parents. Finally, I served 20 years in the U.S. Army retiring as an Army Officer from Headquarters, Department of the Army, The Pentagon [Former Escort Officer for U.S. Ambassador Paul Bremer, Administrator of the Coalition Provisional Authority of Iraq (Special White House Duty) 2003; Military Officer assigned to the Staff of U.S. Ambassador Darrell Trent, Transportation Secretary to Iraq 2003].
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
Lack of good paying jobs. I will fight to increase the minimum wage immediately and support robust job creation programs throughout the 3rd Congressional District.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
The Republican Nominee.
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
The Democratic Nominee.
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
Retired U.S. Army Military Officer (Department of the Army, Department of the Defense, The Pentagon); Former Supervisor of Airport Operations (RAMP), Chicago O’Hare International Airport, HQs, United Airlines, Chicago, Illinois; entrepreneur, and community advocate. I do it because I love helping people.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
A case of water.
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
He is a good football player.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
Yes, as long as the election is fair and legal under the U.S. Constitution.
12. Favorite TV Show?
I do not have a favorite television show, but I like news, sports, and movies.