NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – A Newport News man pleaded guilty Thursday to five robberies in Suffolk, Hampton and Newport News that took place in 2015.
According to a plea agreement, Sylvester Lipscombe, 48, robbed multiple businesses from September 29 to December 28 including:
- Burger King in Suffolk, September 29, 2015
- Krispy Kreme in Hampton, October 18, 2015
- Hampton Health Mart in Hampton, December 1, 2015
- CheckSmart in Hampton, December 4, 2015
- Metro PCS in Newport News, December 23, 2015
Lipscombe was indicted on May 9 and faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison for each robbery. He will be sentenced on February 3, 2017.