Fire causes minor damage to garage in Chesapeake home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Chesapeake, Va. – Charcoal from a grill that was discarded in a plastic trash can appears to be the cause for a fire that caused minor damage to a garage attached to a home in Chesapeake.

Chesapeake Fire Department crews were called to the fire in the 1400 block of Carrolton Way at 8:30 a.m. Monday morning.

When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the garage of the two-story townhome.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the garage and prevent it from spreading to the living area of the home.

The fire was under control at 8:43 a.m.