Complete coverage: Four pilots recovered after Navy jet collision off North Carolina coast

Cable installer blamed for fire at Suffolk home

S Broad

Suffolk, Va. – Several residents are being assisted by the Red Cross tonight after officials say a cable installer caused a fire inside of their Suffolk home on Wednesday.

This happened in the 300 block of S. Broad Street in the Lakeside neighborhood.

Calls came in to emergency officials at 1:45 p.m. and units were there moments later.

Everyone had already gotten out of the building by the time fire crews arrived.

They say the flames started in an upstairs apartment of the two-story home.

Officials say a cable TV installer accidentally drilled into a main feed power line which caused the flames and damage to the apartment.

No one was injured.

Two adults and two children who lived on the second floor have been displaced. There is no power to the home right now so the Red Cross is also helping the residents in the downstairs portion of the home.

Officials ruled this fire accidental.

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 57,346 other followers