IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Kitchen fire ruled accidental in Hampton

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Hampton, Va. – Hampton firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire over the weekend, officials tell NewsChannel 3.

It happened on August 17, 2014 around 8 p.m. Firefighters responded to the 100 block of Seminary Ridge, and found a one-story home with flames in one room and smoke throughout the home.

Occupants were out of the home as crews arrived.

The fire was extinguished in approximately 30 minutes after crew members checked the interior and attic space for any flame extension.

Fire investigators have determined that the fire was accidental due to careless cooking in the kitchen.

The Red Cross assisted three residents of the home.

No injuries have been reported.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 63,394 other followers