Possible ventilation fire reported at Hampton Burger King

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Hampton Fire Department is currently investigating a fire that occurred possibly in the ventilation system at a the Burger King in the 200 block of Fox Hill Road.

Hampton Fire crews were called to the scene around 12:20 p.m after a passerby reported seeing flames shooting from the roof.

The restaurant was evacuated. All employees and customers escaped safely.

A building inspector was called but there is no reported damage.

The Hampton Fire Department believes it was a ventilation fire in the back kitchen area. They are still looking into the cause.

Additional updates will be posted as they become available.