Virginia Beach, Va. – Beach police are searching for a suspect wanted in a string of robberies throughout the area.
Since February 11, 2014, police say there have been seven robberies that share similarities.
In all cases but one, the suspect(s) enters the business with a handgun and demands money from the clerk.
In one case, the suspect confronted the victim who was sitting in a parked car in the parking lot.
The suspect is believed to be responsible for two similar robberies in Chesapeake.
No injuries have been reported, police say.
The dates and locations are as follows:
• 02-11-14 at approximately 9:45 p.m., 7-Eleven, 6673 Indian River Road
• 03-19-14 at approximately 10:45 p.m., Wilco-Hess, 6048 Indian River Road
• 03-25-14 at approximately 10:30 p.m., 7-Eleven, 201 South Witchduck Road
• 04-25-14 at approximately 8:40 p.m., Exxon, 841 South Military Highway
• 06-06-14 at approximately 10:30 p.m., BP Gas, 4900 Princess Anne Road
• 06-24-14 at approximately 10:30 p.m., Parking Lot, 6084 Indian River Road
• 07-16-14 at approximately 9:20 p.m., Gulf Station, 6029 Indian River Road
The suspect is described as a male, unknown race, medium complexion, approximately 5’8” tall, and approximately 160 pounds.
In the recent July 16 robbery, police say the suspect was wearing a dark blue ‘zipper hoodie’ over a black hoodie that had a multi-colored lining, a multi-colored scarf covering his face, gray sweat pants, a white ball cap and tan work boots.
Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call the Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text VBTIP with your information to CRIMES (274697).
Tipsters remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest.
These cases remain under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.