Overheated fan causes fire at Armadillo Mini Storage in Virginia Beach

fire1

Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews in Virginia Beach responded to a fire at Armadillo Mini Storage on Wednesday night.

Calls came in at 10: 04 p.m. and when units arrived, there was a fire in one of the storage units.

Officials say smoke was also coming out of other units.

They were able to get the fire under control by 10:20 p.m. and it was completely out by 10:36 p.m.

There was light damage to the unit where the fire started.

Officials say the fire was caused by an overheated fan that was used to control the temperature in the unit.

No one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s