Kitchen fire displaces Newport News family

fire1

Newport News, Va. – A Newport News family has to find another place to stay tonight after flames ripped through their home on Tuesday afternoon.

This happened in the 1100 block of 36th Street in the Southeast Community.

Calls came in at around 2:36 p.m.  and fire crews arrived just moments later. When they got there, they saw smoke coming from the home. They started to attack the fire from the inside and they also searched the home for anyone inside.

They were able to get the fire under control by 2:44 p.m.

No one was injured and the Red Cross is now helping the family which includes two adults and four children.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s