With school out, some children are able to attend summer camps or go away with loved ones during this break. For many others, summer can be long and daunting. Here are some ideas that will not cost parents a thing and can keep children occupied for the summer
- Take a swim at the local beach
- Have a picnic at the park
- Visit Museums and historic sites
- Check local libraries for activities such as free movies and storytelling
- Nature hike and bike rides
- Go fishing and crabbing
There are many free and fun adventurous activities for children to explore that will not cost parents a fortune. Be sure to check out different cities websites for upcoming events – at no cost!