Holiday Helpers: Join us in making the holidays bright for local kids!

Kitchen fire reported at apartment complex in Virginia Beach

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Virginia Beach Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire in the 6400 block of Auburn Drive at The Sands Apartments on Friday afternoon.

A spokesperson for the VBFD says the fire was contained to the unit by the sprinkler system.

Two residents were evaluated on the scene but both refused transport to the hospital.

The unit is now uninhabitable due to water damage. The building management will assist with the relocation of the resident.