UPDATE: Dog dies in Norfolk house fire caused by unattended cooking

fire1

Norfolk, Va. – A dog has died after a fire broke out inside of a Norfolk home on Wednesday night.

This happened on June 25th, 2014 in the 2300 block of Ballentine Boulevard. Crews were notified about the fire at around 9:30 p.m.

When they arrived, they saw flames and smoke coming from the home. They were able to get the fire under control within 20 minutes.

Everyone was able to escape. A dog was rescued but later passed away.

Right now, no one is able to live in the home. The people who lived there are now being helped by the Red Cross.

Fire crews say the home did have working smoke alarms inside.  They say unattended cooking was the cause of the fire.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 14,762 other followers