Two dogs rescued in Portsmouth house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Portsmouth, Va. - Two dogs have been rescued after a fire at a Portsmouth home on Tuesday morning, fire officials tell NewsChannel 3.

The dogs were resuscitated at the scene.

The fire started in the basement at a home in the 300 block of Mt Vernon Avenue, according to officials. It then spread to the first floor.

Firefighters had the fire under control within 15 minutes.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.