Crews battle two alarm fire at Happy Boxes Self Storage

Chesapeake, Virginia – Chesapeake fire units were called to a two alarm fire at Happy Boxes Self Storage on Gum Road in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake around 4:30 a.m. this morning.

A man was checking on his storage unit when he noticed smoke coming from another unit and called the fire department.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from three units, but the fire was contained to one.

The fire was called under control in about 20 minutes.

The 2400 block of Gum Road was blocked while crews battled the two alarm fire and reopened just before 8am.

No one was injured.

Fire damage was contained to the one storage unit, with smoke damaging several surrounding units.

The Chesapeake Fire Department says the fire appears to be accidental, possibily related to a malfunctioning refrigerator inside of the unit.

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 14,911 other followers