IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Apartment catches fire in Portsmouth

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire1 generic

Portsmouth, Va. – Crews responded to an apartment fire overnight in Portsmouth, officials tell NewsChannel 3.

The call came in at 1:28 a.m. on Friday, May 2, 2014. Crews responded to the 300 block of Dinwiddie Street – that’s in Downtown Portsmouth near Crawford Pkwy.

The fire started in a detached two-story workshop/apartment. The workshop is on the first floor; the apartment is on the second floor.

The workshop/apartment was not occupied at the time.

The home is adjacent to the workshop/apartment, and sustained some heat damage, officials say.

The occupants of the home were awakened by firefighters.

No injuries have been reported.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 63,115 other followers