UPDATE: Hot grease burns woman in Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach, Va. – A woman suffered second degree burns while cooking inside of her garage on Wednesday morning, officials tell NewsChannel 3.

It happened around 8 a.m. at a home on Pasture Lane. The woman was transported to a local hospital.

The fire was out by the time units arrived on scene.

According to officials, the woman was cooking in the garage with a propane deep fryer, when the fire began.

Hot grease spilled onto her clothing and the floor of the garage as she tried to drag the fryer out of the garage.

She was cooking in the doorway of the garage with the door open at the time.

A neighbor came over and put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.

Grease burns damaged the carpeting inside the garage.

The woman suffered second degree burns to her face, forearms, top of her legs, and feet.

NewsChannel 3 will post updates when they are available.

2 comments

  • Honestly....

    Deep frying with propane and grease INSIDE a garage with CARPETING???? Sorry for the poor lady getting hurt, but this had the potential to have been a whole lot worse. That fryer should have been outside to begin with, and far away from any building.

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 17,212 other followers