Job Title: National Sales Assistant
Reports To: National Sales Manager, General Sales Manager
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of this position is to provide support to both the General Sales Manager and the National Sales Manager. This includes performing all aspects of national sales order processing as well as providing clerical support, and coordination for the National business. This position is also required to back-up the Local Sales Assistant and work with the Local Sales Team as needed.
Core Job Functions:
- Understands sales terms and functions
- Processes national orders and correspondence.
- Processes make-goods and exceptions for national orders.
- Works with both local and national firms for all paid programming.
- Assists in order input via traffic system as required.
- Types correspondence and presentations accurately.
- Uses computers for various projects, usually spreadsheets, mailing lists, memos, and promo pieces.
- Assists advertisers with requests in the absence of Sales personnel.
- Receives incoming telephone calls for GSM and National Sales Managers.
- Receives and routes correspondence.
- Maintains confidential files and office records.
- Greets advertisers and public for appointments with Sales department.
- Performs other duties as assigned including back up of switchboard as needed
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Experience in using traffic system, excel, power point, avails systems, and other software is perferred. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with co-workers and the public is required. A general knowledge of filing systems as well as a basic understanding of a broadcast sales/traffic operation is required. This position requires an individual who has the ability to handle stress; is detail oriented, and can multi-task and prioritize day to day duties. Candidate must have a strong work ethic. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
High School degree and a minimum of three years work experience.
This individual must have the dexterity to operate keys and buttons on computers, telephones and other office equipment. In addition they need to have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds, as required, and ability to file in high and low areas.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit application, resume, and references to Cindi Dove, General Sales Manager, WTKR/WGNT-TV 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
WTKR/WGNT-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer