IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

NewsChannel 3 recognizes Beach neighbors who took action during fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Virginia Beach, Va. - For Roger Hough, it was a moment worth waiting for.

"These two are my heroes; they saved my life,” says Hough.

Neighbors saved each other after a grease fire on Tuesday. 18-year-old Larquan Shoulders ran to Roger when the fire ignited. That's when Roger took action and grabbed a fire extinguisher.

"I didn't expect him to run in the house and jump right into action, so when he did that, it shows a lot,” says Larquan.

But once inside, Roger was the one who needed help.

"I remember seeing the fire, pulling the pin, shooting the fire and that's it. That's all I remember,” says Roger.

Roger passed out and LarQuan and his daughter Ashleigh watched as he fell. Without hesitating, the two pulled Roger out of the smoke-filled house.

"I know I had to help him because he helped me first, and that's just how it is,” says LarQuan.

Two neighbors taking action for each other; that's something NewsChannel 3 wanted to recognize. NewsChannel 3 presented each one of them with a certificate and a $100 Visa gift card with our sponsors from Southern Bank.

LarQuan already has a plan for the money. "This money is probably going to go to my mom’s kitchen.”

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 66,361 other followers