Virginia Beach, Va. – It takes a lot to bring a grown man to tears, but Roger Hough has a good reason. He’s alive. And he says it’s because his 22-year-old daughter and a neighbor took action.
”I’m just so happy I can have him around to pick on me still,” says Ashleigh.
It began when a small drop of grease ignited a fire at their neighbors’ home. The 18-year old inside came out screaming for help.
”LaQuan had come running over screaming something about a fire and I said ‘Fire? What do you mean about a fire?’ I come running out front and smoke was pouring out of the house,” says Hough.
With a fire extinguisher in hand, Roger Hough ran inside, but the smoke was so heavy, he passed out within minutes. Anxiously waiting outside, His daughter saw it all.
”I see my dad start choking and falling to the ground and my first instinct was going well and get him out so that’s when me and Laquan got in there,” says Ashleigh.
With her father foaming at the mouth, Ashleigh began chest compressions until he woke up and gasped for air.
”I know he would do it for me or any of our neighbors had that he would do the same thing. He proved that yesterday also.
”It’s not every day that a dad is saved by his baby girl or any of his kids,” says Hough.