Complete coverage: Four pilots recovered after Navy jet crash off North Carolina coast

Two people displaced after fire in Newport News apartment

Newport News, Va. – Two people are without a home after a fire broke out inside of a Newport News apartment on Monday in the 4100 block of Newsome Drive.

Calls came in to emergency officials at around 5:20 p.m. and crews were on the scene minutes later.

They say there were no visible signs of smoke or fire from the outside of the apartment.

When they went inside, they found that the electrical panel failed causing a small fire inside of the wall.

They put the fire out quickly. Virginia Power pulled the electric meter and this caused the apartment to be condemned.

The Red Cross is now helping the two displaced adults.

No one was injured. Firefighters say the damage was minor.

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 57,392 other followers