Man dies after being hit by vehicle in Onancock
A 58-year-old man riding a bicycle was struck by a vehicle in Onancock on Tuesday morning. The man later died from his injuries.
Virginia State Police responded to reports of the accident at approximately 11:24 a.m.
Police say a 2011 Hyundai Sonata was traveling northbound on Route 718 when he swerved and hit the man on the bicycle.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he later died of the injuries sustained in the crash.
The driver of the vehicle, Helen McBonayth, has been charged with the accident. Police say neither alcohol nor speed were a factor in the crash.
Investigations are ongoing.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery