Man dies after being hit by vehicle in Onancock
A 58-year-old man riding a bicycle was struck by a vehicle in Onancock on Tuesday morning. The man later died from his injuries.
Virginia State Police responded to reports of the accident at approximately 11:24 a.m.
Police say a 2011 Hyundai Sonata was traveling northbound on Route 718 when he swerved and hit the man on the bicycle.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he later died of the injuries sustained in the crash.
The driver of the vehicle, Helen McBonayth, has been charged with the accident. Police say neither alcohol nor speed were a factor in the crash.
Investigations are ongoing.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found