UPDATE: All tornado watches canceled
Update: All tornado watches have been canceled.
A tornado watch has been issued for all of Hampton Roads and most of Northeastern North Carolina until 5 p.m., according to Meteorologist Myles Henderson.
A tornado watch remains in effect until 7 p.m. for the following areas: Dare County; Hyde County; Pamlico; Wanchese; Southern Shores; Nags Head; Morehead City; Kitty Hawk; and Kill Devil Hills.
A severe thunderstorm warning expired for Chesapeake and northern Virginia Beach at 3:15 p.m. on Friday.
A severe thunderstorm warning expired at 2:15 p.m. for Accomack and Northampton counties on the Eastern Shore.
The Tornado Warning issued for Surry County and Sussex County has also expired.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery