UPDATE: All tornado watches canceled
Update: All tornado watches have been canceled.
A tornado watch has been issued for all of Hampton Roads and most of Northeastern North Carolina until 5 p.m., according to Meteorologist Myles Henderson.
A tornado watch remains in effect until 7 p.m. for the following areas: Dare County; Hyde County; Pamlico; Wanchese; Southern Shores; Nags Head; Morehead City; Kitty Hawk; and Kill Devil Hills.
A severe thunderstorm warning expired for Chesapeake and northern Virginia Beach at 3:15 p.m. on Friday.
A severe thunderstorm warning expired at 2:15 p.m. for Accomack and Northampton counties on the Eastern Shore.
The Tornado Warning issued for Surry County and Sussex County has also expired.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations