Five displaced after fire at Hampton home
Hampton, Va. – Five people are without a home after fire damaged a house in Hampton on Thursday night.
Hampton fire officials say this happened at around 7:08 p.m. in the 2300 block of Bay Avenue.
When units arrived on the scene, they could see the fire in the front of the house.
They located the fire in the ceiling area near the front door. They were able to put the fire out in about 15-20 minutes.
They say the fire had also advanced into the attic area.
No one was hurt in the fire but five people were displaced. The Red Cross is now helping.
Officials are still trying to determine a cause.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen