Five displaced after fire at Hampton home
Hampton, Va. – Five people are without a home after fire damaged a house in Hampton on Thursday night.
Hampton fire officials say this happened at around 7:08 p.m. in the 2300 block of Bay Avenue.
When units arrived on the scene, they could see the fire in the front of the house.
They located the fire in the ceiling area near the front door. They were able to put the fire out in about 15-20 minutes.
They say the fire had also advanced into the attic area.
No one was hurt in the fire but five people were displaced. The Red Cross is now helping.
Officials are still trying to determine a cause.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship