Crashes in Virginia Beach and Newport News causing delays, click here for traffic updates

One person hospitalized after fire at Portsmouth home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Portsmouth, Va. - One person was taken to the hospital and another person was treated after a fire broke out inside of a Portsmouth home on Tuesday night.

This happened in the 100 block of Fairview Circle.

Crews were able to get the fire under control within 20-25 minutes.

Officials say the person who was transported had non-life threatening injuries.

Crews also rescued a cat that was inside of the two-story home.

There's no word yet on what caused this fire.