Laila goes to Hollywood: Behind the scenes with Y&R’s Eric Braeden
It’s a side to actor Eric Braeden you don’t see often on The Young and the Restless – his great sense of humor.
NewsChannel 3′s Laila Muhammad headed to Los Angeles to visit the set of The Young and the Restless as well as several other CBS shows.
Braeden made his debut on The Young and the Restless in 1980 in a temporary guest role.
He never imagined his character would evolve into a magnate and villain who would last 33 years.
“At the beginning, I played nothing but really a bad guy. And I’d come from nighttime television and film where I had played a lot of bad guys. And I was tired of it. It’s very dehumanizing after awhile and then after a year I was utterly depressed, did not want to do the show,” he says.
So what was the turning point?
The perfect storyline that introduced the audience to Victor Newman’s past, and paired him with a leading lady, Melody Thomas Scott, who plays Nikki.
“And she’s been an enduring love. We love working with each other. And in certain moments that we have in our relationship, we are very vulnerable to each other. And that’s what makes it work,” he says.
“I’m just very grateful to have been doing this for 33 years. Very grateful and grateful to all fans.”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations