Woman accused of shooting ex-boyfriend during domestic dispute
Chesapeake, Va. – It was a domestic dispute that landed a man in the hospital and the mother of his children in custody after she shot him, according to Chesapeake Police.
It happened at an apartment complex on Border Road.
“They used to be in a romantic relationship, but they aren’t anymore,” says Chesapeake Police Officer Leo Kosinski. “He used to live here but doesn’t anymore.”
The shooting happened just after 6 p.m. Monday. Police say the victim was already inside the woman’s apartment when she came home and a fight broke out.
“Some type of altercation ensued between the two of them, which ended with her shooting him in the arm,” Officer Kosinski says.
Police say the man is expected to be fine.
After further investigation, the woman, identified as 27-year-old Tiffany Shepherd, was arrested and charged with malicious wounding, possession of a firearm in commission of a felony, discharging a firearm in an occupied building and two counts of reckless care for a child.
Shepherd’s two children, ages one and ten, were inside the residence when the shooting occurred. They were placed in the care of a family member.
Shepherd is currently being held in the city jail with no bond.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home