Perez was convicted of sleeping with a teenage boy last year, but the boy's mother tells NewsChannel 3 she does not believe the baby could be her son's. However, the mother said she is asking prosecutors to obtain a paternity test.
"We're just tired," said the boy's mother in an earlier interview regarding several delays for Perez's sentencing. "I'm so sick of it. This wasn't supposed to be our life."
In October, Perez pleaded guilty in Norfolk to sleeping with the 15-year-old Renaissance Academy Middle School student.
Records obtained by NewsChannel 3 said the affair started February 2013 while Perez worked at the Virginia Beach school as an assistant security guard. They had sex at her home in Norfolk and his home in Virginia Beach and eventually faced indecent liberties charges in both cities.
Documents said the affair ended in early March of 2013 when the boy's mother went to police.
Norfolk courts had continued Perez's sentencing date until July, but it has now been moved up to March 21.
A spokesperson for Virginia Beach prosecutors said they have reluctantly agreed to delay Perez's February plea hearing until after she's been sentenced in Norfolk.
The boy's mother said she just wants it all over so her family can move on.
"We live and breathe this everyday and we've been trying to resume a normal life," she said.
NewsChannel 3 reached out to Perez's attorneys, but calls to their law office have not been returned.
Since Perez's arrest, her husband has publicly supported her and been at her side.