Update: ODU student injured in shooting at off-campus residence
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk police are investigating an early-morning shooting that happened around 1:00 a.m. Sunday.
According to a spokesperson for Old Dominion University, a student was injured in the shooting and taken to the hospital.
The shooting happened at an off-campus residence in the 4000 block of Bowdens Ferry Rd. According to Norfolk police, the man who was injured is in critical condition.
In an alert sent out by ODU, the suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5′ 8″, 160 lbs., with dreadlocks that are less than shoulder length, and wearing a blue button down shirt, blue jeans and a black vest.
Police ask anyone with information to call the Crimeline at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or the ODU Police Department Detective Bureau at 683-4000.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested