Cat, dog killed in Hampton house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Hampton Fire Division responded to a fire at a two-story house in the first block of Charles Street just after midnight.

A resident arrived home and found her home on fire. She immediately attempted to rescue her pets from the home but was unsuccessful.

Fire crews arrived and searched the home for the pets as the fire was extinguished.

A dog and cat perished in the fire. One cat was found unhurt and another was unaccounted for. Two other dogs were rescued and assisted with oxygen by firefighters using a pet oxygen mask.


A family member took the injured pets to a local emergency veterinary hospital. The condition of those pets is unknown at this time.

The fire was determined to be accidental due to combustible materials being in contact with the grate of the floor furnace.

The fire burned an approximate three foot hole in the area of the floor furnace and extended into a closet. Firefighters also checked the crawl space and found fire damage to a floor joist as well.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.