HRT to host public meetings on transit extension study in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Hampton Roads Transit will host two public meetings in Virginia Beach to provide the latest information and receive public comments on the Virginia Beach Transit Extension Study.
At the public meetings, HRT representatives will present the latest projected capital costs for the Hilltop alignment and preliminary results of an environmental analysis.
HRT will also review the alignment options to extend light rail or bus rapid transit from the existing Newtown station at the Norfolk city line to Rosemont Road, as well as the alignment option which extends light rail and bus rapid transit directly to the Oceanfront.
The meetings will be held:
• Monday, Feb. 10, Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, 4535 Commerce St., 6 to 8 p.m.
• Wednesday, Feb. 12, DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach, 1900 Pavilion Drive, 6 to 8 p.m.
At each meeting, HRT staff will give a presentation followed by a question-and-answer session. Citizens also may discuss the night’s topics with HRT staff and consultants.
For more information, visit http://www.gohrt.com.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time