HRT to host public meetings on transit extension study in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Hampton Roads Transit will host two public meetings in Virginia Beach to provide the latest information and receive public comments on the Virginia Beach Transit Extension Study.
At the public meetings, HRT representatives will present the latest projected capital costs for the Hilltop alignment and preliminary results of an environmental analysis.
HRT will also review the alignment options to extend light rail or bus rapid transit from the existing Newtown station at the Norfolk city line to Rosemont Road, as well as the alignment option which extends light rail and bus rapid transit directly to the Oceanfront.
The meetings will be held:
• Monday, Feb. 10, Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, 4535 Commerce St., 6 to 8 p.m.
• Wednesday, Feb. 12, DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach, 1900 Pavilion Drive, 6 to 8 p.m.
At each meeting, HRT staff will give a presentation followed by a question-and-answer session. Citizens also may discuss the night’s topics with HRT staff and consultants.
For more information, visit http://www.gohrt.com.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found