Crews pre-treating roads ahead of more winter weather
Crews are pre-treating roads on Monday in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Portsmouth.
Chesapeake Public Works has been restocked with salt and sand mix. Crews are not pre-treating today, but crews are ready to go. Chesapeake crews are watching the weather forecast closely and will hit the emergency routes first if snow starts sticking. Emergency routes are made up of major roads such as Military Highway, Battlefield Blvd., Cedar Road, and Hwy 17.
In Portsmouth, crews are pre-treating bridges, using a brine mixture.
In Virginia Beach, trucks were sent out at 2:00 p.m. to start pre-treating bridges and overpasses.
Watch NewsChannel 3 First at Four for additional information on what each city is doing to prepare for the winter storm.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time