Quick shot of snow possible Monday
We are keeping an eye on a quick-moving system that could give some of us a little snow Monday afternoon and evening.
An area of low pressure will move along a cold front to our south on Monday. Some moisture will also ride along with the low as it moves in our direction, and with temperatures expected to be in the 30s for much of the day, this system could produce a little snow.
This mainly looks like a Southside Hampton Roads and NE North Carolina event for now. For Southside, we could see little to no accumulation. For NE North Carolina, we could see snow estimates between a dusting to .25″.
Again, this is a quick-moving system. We are not expecting snow all afternoon and evening Monday. More snow is in the forecast, though, by the middle of the work week.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for further weather updates.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'