Newport News home damaged in fire, family escapes unharmed
Newport News, Va. – A single family home on 19th St. caught on fire Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters got to the home just before 1 p.m. and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
Everyone who lived in the home was able to get out unharmed, but they’re unable to stay there now because of the damage.
According to Deputy Fire Chief Kenneth Lay, the fire appears to have started in a bedroom. The cause is still under investigation.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time