Newport News home damaged in fire, family escapes unharmed
Newport News, Va. – A single family home on 19th St. caught on fire Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters got to the home just before 1 p.m. and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
Everyone who lived in the home was able to get out unharmed, but they’re unable to stay there now because of the damage.
According to Deputy Fire Chief Kenneth Lay, the fire appears to have started in a bedroom. The cause is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship