Bataan Amphibious Ready Group leaves Hampton Roads on deployment
Norfolk, Va. – More than 4,000 sailors and marines serving in the Bataan Amphibious Ready Group and the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit from Camp Lejeune, N.C. left Hampton Roads Saturday on a regularly scheduled deployment.
The Bataan ARG is comprised of the USS Bataan, USS Mesa Verde, USS Gunston Hall.
They pulled out of port at Naval Station Norfolk Saturday and are headed to the Navy’s 5th and 6th Fleet areas of operation.
While deployed, they’ll be supporting maritime security operations, crisis response, theater security operations and providing a forward naval presence.
USS Bataan and USS Mesa Verde are both homeported at Naval Station Norfolk. USS Gunston Hall is homeported at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story, Va.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales