Suffolk crews respond to two fires
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk fire crews responded to two fires in the city on Friday.
The first occurred in the 300 block of Woodruff Street.
Calls came in at 7:39 p.m. about a kitchen fire. Crews were able to put the fire out by 7:53 p.m.
The fire was contained to the stove and the home sustained moderate damage officials say.
The second call came in about a fire inside of a shed in the 1400 block of Wilroy Road.
Calls came in at 7:57 p.m. about this one. This fire was under control by 8:11 p.m.
This was an electrical outlet fire in the shed, and it was contained to a small area around the outlet.
No one was displaced and no one was hurt in either fire.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel