Suffolk crews respond to two fires
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk fire crews responded to two fires in the city on Friday.
The first occurred in the 300 block of Woodruff Street.
Calls came in at 7:39 p.m. about a kitchen fire. Crews were able to put the fire out by 7:53 p.m.
The fire was contained to the stove and the home sustained moderate damage officials say.
The second call came in about a fire inside of a shed in the 1400 block of Wilroy Road.
Calls came in at 7:57 p.m. about this one. This fire was under control by 8:11 p.m.
This was an electrical outlet fire in the shed, and it was contained to a small area around the outlet.
No one was displaced and no one was hurt in either fire.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen