Owners of dog accused of killing yorkie on Chicks Beach charged
A Virginia Beach couple has been charged after their one-year old pit bull mix attacked and killed a six pound yorkie named Stoley on Chicks Beach.
32-year-old Kristen Dowdy’s heart was broken over the loss of her little companion.
On Friday, Virginia Beach Animal Control spokesperson Wayne Gilbert says the community took action to call Crime Solvers with information that led them to 51-year-old Stephen Chambers and 49-year-old Tracey Sordi as well as their one-year-old pit bull mix, named Polly.
Polly is now being held at Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center.
Kristen’s mom Kathy was the one walking Stoley the day it happened.
She says Polly wasn’t on a leash when she grabbed Stoley from behind and wouldn’t let go.
“I could only think this was a nightmare that i would wake up and this wasn’t really happening 14:34:18 she says Polly’s owner was too far down the beach to do anything about it and left before police showed up,” says Dowdy.
Animal control officers say Chambers and Sordi will be in court on March 3rd.
At that time, a judge will hear evidence and decide what happens next.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend