28 arrested in Newport News prostitution sweep
Newport News, Va. – 28 people were arrested during a four-day undercover prostitution sweep in Newport News in January. The sweep was conducted by the Newport News Police Department’s Organized Crime Division and Community Response Teams as part of the Cook County Illinois Sheriff’s Office seventh ‘National Day of Johns Arrests.’
The sweep was conducted on the streets, in hotels and via the internet in a different section of the city each night. The names of the hotels involved will not be released for investigative reasons.
Five women were arrested on January 23 and charged with prostitution:
- Terry Boddie, 43, of the 500 block of 14th Street in Newport News
- Wanda Mallow, 29, of the 6100 block of Jefferson Ave. in Newport News
- Mona Lisa Morrell, 46, of the 3400 block of Chestnut Ave in Newport News
- Danielle Rakes, 36, of the 200 block of Lucas Creek Road in Newport News. Rakes was also charged with possession of heroin and cocaine
- Tonya Whitehead, 44, of the first block of Bonnie Lee Place in Newport News
Seven men were arrested on January 24 and charged with solicitation of prostitution and use of a vehicle to promote prostitution:
- Edward Easley, 45, of the 1000 block of Dare Road in Grafton, Virginia
- James Gohr, 67, of the first block of Dotson Drive in Hampton
- Christopher Juliano, 54, of the 400 block of Lester Road in Newport News
- Todd Kwamina, 44, of the 500 block of Chaple Lake in VA Beach
- Marvin Shields, 45, of the 100 block of Cleander Court in Yorktown, Virginia
- Jagmanpreet Singh, 32, of the 14300 block of Meagan Loop in Gainsville, Virginia
- Paul Winslow, 62, of the 600 block of Cypress Cove in Suffolk
Seven were arrested on January 25 on prostitution and drug charges:
- Deone Davis, 33, of the 900 block of Marcus Drive in Newport News. Davis was charged with solicitation of prostitution, possession with Intent to distribute marijuana, possession with Intent to distribute ecstasy
- Lester Dixon, 32, of the 100 block of Misty Court in Hampton. Dixon was charged with solicitation of prostitution.
- Joel Geiser, 40, of the 7300 block of Hampton Blvd. in Norfolk. Geiser was charged wtih solicitation of prostitution
- Heather Hacker, 34, of the 1400 block of Hillbrooke Road in Chesapeake. Hacker was charged with prostitution.
- O’Ona Hobson, 34, of the 900 block of Marcus Drive in Newport News. Hobson was charged with solicitation of prostitution, possession with Intent to distribute marijuana, possession with Intent to distribute ecstasy, and possession of oxycodone.
- William Rose, 35, of the 100 block of Ashton Green in Newport News was charged with solicitation of prostitution.
- Kerry Wiggins, 45, of the 2400 block of Oak Ave. in Newport News. Wiggins was charged with solicitation of prostitution, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
Nine were arrested and charged with solicitation of prostitution on January 31:
- Arieus Boykins, 29, of the 3200 block of Sir Meliot Drive in Chesapeake
- Mark Campbell, 51, of the 200 block of Quarter Trail in Newport News
- John Christian, 27, of the 800 block of Lee Blvd. on Ft. Eustis
- Robert Gary, Jr., 38, of the 2100 block of Wise Road in Hampton. Gary was also charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, concealed weapon, possession of a concealed weapon by a felon.
- Hal Haskins, 49, of the 5400 block of Arlington Ave. in Newport News
- Shashim Jones, 19, of the 600 block of Windsor Circle in Newport News
- William Joyner, 46, of the first block of Creekside Drive in Portsmouth
- Anthony Lewallen, 22, of the 800 block of Lucas Creek Road in Newport News
- Christopher Veasley, 29, of the 2600 block of Harvard Drive in Chesapeake
Information regarding suspected prostitution activities or any other criminal activity may be reported to police by calling Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers may remain totally anonymous, are never required to testify in court and could be eligible for a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest. Information may also be sent by text message to email@example.com.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean