Virginia Beach Schools to have make-up snow days on Saturdays
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach Public Schools has announced make-up days for times students were not in school during inclement weather.
School will be held on Saturdays over the next three months.
School will be in session on Feb, 15th, March 29th, and April 26th.
For secondary schools, Feb. 15 and April 26 will be A days and March 29 will be a B day.
Beach schools operate on a 183-day school year schedule as opposed to the state minimum. They say the extra days are not built in for inclement weather.
“Designating makeup days for time lost due to inclement weather is one of the most unpopular decisions a superintendent makes. There is never a day that is convenient for all of our students, staff and families,” Dr. Sheila Magula, superintendent of Virginia Beach Schools, said in a statement regarding the rescheduling. “We believe strongly that our role is to provide the best education possible for your children and we believe that is what this community expects. Please know that your patience, understanding and support are appreciated as we move forward.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales