Alani Johnson heads to Virginia Tech
Imagine if schools like Wake Forest, Clemson and Virginia Tech showed up at your front door?
Or then there’s Boston College, Tennessee and South Carolina.
For Alani Johnson, that happened.
The Cape Henry Collegiate senior will now call Virginia Tech her home.
She led her school to its first state soccer title last year while scoring a record 40 goals. Alani signed a full athletic scholarship in front of her parents, coaches and teammates today.
Virginia Tech is ranked in the top five in women’s soccer which fits perfectly for Alani who is listed as one of the top ten players in the country.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales