National Congress of American Indians releases anti-Redskins ad
The National Congress of American Indians has released a powerful commercial aimed directly at the Redskins team name, just ahead of the Super Bowl.
The ad shows video and images of American Indians living everyday lives while the narrator lists the various names they use to refer to themselves, including teacher, doctor, Seminole and Sitting Bull. The ad concludes with the one name they do NOT use, and shows a Redskins team helmet.
The YouTube information urges viewers to contact the team, the NFL, Roger Goodell and the Washington Post to demand change.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery