National Congress of American Indians releases anti-Redskins ad
The National Congress of American Indians has released a powerful commercial aimed directly at the Redskins team name, just ahead of the Super Bowl.
The ad shows video and images of American Indians living everyday lives while the narrator lists the various names they use to refer to themselves, including teacher, doctor, Seminole and Sitting Bull. The ad concludes with the one name they do NOT use, and shows a Redskins team helmet.
The YouTube information urges viewers to contact the team, the NFL, Roger Goodell and the Washington Post to demand change.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations