Crews continue to plow Chesapeake roads
Chesapeake, Va. – Here is an update from the City of Chesapeake.
Temperatures are climbing, but are still below freezing. There is some sun, and very light wind.
Crews started the current shift at 7:00 a.m. with a pass over the emergency routes. Routes are in generally good condition, but there are some lingering issues they will get to today.
Greenbrier and Battlefield had some refrozen spots that will be treated and plowed as they soften. Some iced areas on Military Highway are being treated and plowed, as well as turn lanes.
Off ramps on the Chesapeake Expressway are also being treated and plowed this morning.
Primaries, secondaries, and connectors have all been treated, and crews will continue to monitor, treat, and plow these routes as the day progresses.
Crews will continue with the primaries that were treated yesterday afternoon and last night, including Bruce, Taylor, Dock Landing, Jolliff, Cavalier, Shell, Bainbridge, Atlantic, Campostella, Providence, S Battlefield, Benefit, and Butts Station.
Four motor graders are also being used on routes in the southern half of the city.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery