Victim identified in fatal Suffolk car crash
Suffolk, Va. – Police are investigating a single car accident on Route 58 that claimed the life of one person. Police say a black Lincoln ran off the road and hit several trees on Route 58 westbound near the truck weigh scales just past the Chesapeake border.
Police have identified the man killed as 27-year-old Marin Deon Wilkins of Suffolk.
Police say the crash happened around 3:40 p.m. When officers got to the scene, they say Wilkins was trapped inside his car. During the investigation they closed down two lanes of traffic for about four hours. With only one lane open to drivers traffic was backed up for several miles.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found