Victim identified in fatal Suffolk car crash
Suffolk, Va. – Police are investigating a single car accident on Route 58 that claimed the life of one person. Police say a black Lincoln ran off the road and hit several trees on Route 58 westbound near the truck weigh scales just past the Chesapeake border.
Police have identified the man killed as 27-year-old Marin Deon Wilkins of Suffolk.
Police say the crash happened around 3:40 p.m. When officers got to the scene, they say Wilkins was trapped inside his car. During the investigation they closed down two lanes of traffic for about four hours. With only one lane open to drivers traffic was backed up for several miles.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom