Victim identified in fatal Suffolk car crash
Suffolk, Va. – Police are investigating a single car accident on Route 58 that claimed the life of one person. Police say a black Lincoln ran off the road and hit several trees on Route 58 westbound near the truck weigh scales just past the Chesapeake border.
Police have identified the man killed as 27-year-old Marin Deon Wilkins of Suffolk.
Police say the crash happened around 3:40 p.m. When officers got to the scene, they say Wilkins was trapped inside his car. During the investigation they closed down two lanes of traffic for about four hours. With only one lane open to drivers traffic was backed up for several miles.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’