Newport News man charged with child abuse
Newport News, Va. – Leondus Fred Woods, a 31-year-old Newport News man, was charged with child abuse after officials say a nine-year-old girl reported to a faculty member that her father had “whipped” her with a belt the night before.
Officials say the child had marks that appeared to be consistent with having been hit with a belt. They say there were also marks on her face.
Police investigated the complaint on January 16th and they issued a warrant for Woods. He was then charged with felony child abuse.
He was arrested on Jan. 22nd in the 500 block of Oyster Point Road.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found