Suffolk Police: Rape suspect met his victim online
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk police arrested a Portsmouth man after they say he raped a woman he met online.
Police say 31-year-old Jerrod Kion Boone picked his victim up from her house. Court documents show the pair went to dinner, but when he went to drop her off New Year’s Eve he would not let her out of his car, and forced her to have sex with him right in her own driveway.
“It is scary. I mean, it is something you think about. You don`t know these people, and I definitely would not have someone come to my house and pick me up because I would not want them to know where I live,” says Samantha Simpson.
Simpson has tried online dating before but says she was always very cautious.
Court documents show in the Suffolk case Boone met his victim the day before the incident, and they also show he had several previous charges including assault and domestic assault and battery.
The victim told police there was no mention of sexual contact before the date.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million