New potential missile launcher for Navy ships spins like a revolver
A new potential missile launcher for Navy ships looks and spins like a revolver.
The multi-role Centurion launcher from Chemring Countermeasures and Raytheon Missile Systems has 12 individually-controlled barrels that are stored vertically on a rotating platform, according to Wired.
In December the system passed a test when it successfully launched a Javelin missile from a prototype during testing.
The Centurion system can offer rocket-propelled munitions, mortar-launched munitions and mortar-launched submunitions, according to Raytheon.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations