IOW residents cleaning up after weekend tornadoes
Many people in Isle of Wight County spent the day cleaning up after tornadoes touched down in the area over the weekend.
Many trees in the area uprooted making it a busy Monday for residents as well as VDOT crews.
The tornado packed about 85mph winds causing branches and limbs of the trees to break off as well.
The tornado also took out power poles but Dominion Power worked to have them fixed by Sunday.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'