IOW residents cleaning up after weekend tornadoes
Many people in Isle of Wight County spent the day cleaning up after tornadoes touched down in the area over the weekend.
Many trees in the area uprooted making it a busy Monday for residents as well as VDOT crews.
The tornado packed about 85mph winds causing branches and limbs of the trees to break off as well.
The tornado also took out power poles but Dominion Power worked to have them fixed by Sunday.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found