Beach police officers taken to hospital after responding to fire
Virginia Beach, Virginia – Four police officers were taken to the hospital as a precaution for possible smoke inhalation after responding to a house fire early Friday morning.
An officer on routine patrol in the area noticed smoke coming from a home in the 700 block of South Lynnhaven Road around 2:00am.
Three other officers responded to assist him prior to the fire units arriving.
The officers attempted to alert the residents without entering the home and were subsequently transported to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation.
No occupants or firefighters sustained any injuries.
The four people who lived in the home were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations