Beach police officers taken to hospital after responding to fire
Virginia Beach, Virginia – Four police officers were taken to the hospital as a precaution for possible smoke inhalation after responding to a house fire early Friday morning.
An officer on routine patrol in the area noticed smoke coming from a home in the 700 block of South Lynnhaven Road around 2:00am.
Three other officers responded to assist him prior to the fire units arriving.
The officers attempted to alert the residents without entering the home and were subsequently transported to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation.
No occupants or firefighters sustained any injuries.
The four people who lived in the home were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean