Section of West Washington Street in Suffolk to close
Suffolk, Va. – The 100 block of West Washington Street will be closed to thru traffic from Monday, January 13 through Friday, January 31 so that contractors can make the necessary water and sewer connections as part of the downtown mixed use redevelopment project.
Detour signs will be in place to alert the public.
In coordination with the closure for the utility work, the Department of Public Utilities will be performing investigation and repair work of existing sanitary sewer laterals serving the structures on the north side of West Washington Street to minimize future impacts to the traveling public.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time