Man dies in fiery Sussex County crash
Sussex County, Va. – A 21-year-old man has died after State Police say he was involved in an accident in Sussex County on Thursday night.
State Police were notified about the accident at 6:32 p.m.
They say the accident happened in the 14000 block of Concord Sapponey Road.
Police say the 21-year-old was driving his 1995 Subaru 4-door going southbound on Concord Sapponey Rd. They say he lost control, ran off the road, over corrected and slammed into a tree.
When the car hit the tree, a fire erupted. The driver was trapped inside. He was dead at the scene.
Officials do not know if speed or alcohol were factors in this case.
His identity will have to be confirmed by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million