Man dies in fiery Sussex County crash
Sussex County, Va. – A 21-year-old man has died after State Police say he was involved in an accident in Sussex County on Thursday night.
State Police were notified about the accident at 6:32 p.m.
They say the accident happened in the 14000 block of Concord Sapponey Road.
Police say the 21-year-old was driving his 1995 Subaru 4-door going southbound on Concord Sapponey Rd. They say he lost control, ran off the road, over corrected and slammed into a tree.
When the car hit the tree, a fire erupted. The driver was trapped inside. He was dead at the scene.
Officials do not know if speed or alcohol were factors in this case.
His identity will have to be confirmed by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'